5.01.2012

December 2011


At the beginning of December we went to our ward Christmas party. They had a yummy breakfast and the primary sang a few songs. When it was time to go up, Addy and Madelyn walked up holding hands. They were being so brave together. The girls were so cute and held hands threw the whole program. 


Grandpa Dave drove back from Utah with Christian and stayed for a night with us. My kids loved seeing him. He helped us get a few projects done and even made time to build some shelves with me. The guys pulled out the Christmas tree and the kids went to town "decorating" it with their toys. It took me awhile to take down all the toys that ended up on the tree that weekend!



Addy's preschool had a Christmas sing-a -long with all the morning classes. She did a great job singing.



Addy really loved decorating the Christmas tree again this year. She remembered all the ornaments she picked out from last year. I did really good and let her decorate it how she wanted. I only had to help in a couple ares where the ornaments got a little too clustered. Benson wasn't too interested in helping. He did however enjoy throwing all the "ball" ornaments at the tree. Not many of my ornaments survived this year, but they sure entertained Benson all month long!




I turned 28 in December but unfortunately had to pass on celebrating because my family was hit with the flu. It was BAD! Poor Benson had it the worst. My girl friends had a fun party for me that I had to miss and we had to cancel on what was going to be our very first babysitter ever. I seriously was looking forward to a fun night out with Christian. It was an awful week and a half! So we will scratch this birthday and hope next year is better!

We had our first visitors for Christmas this year! My parents flew here on Christmas Eve. We picked them up and went for an early dinner at Shinto. We all ordered the Hibachi grill and some yummy appetizers and sushi to share. We spent the rest of our evening at home playing games and watching movies. Addy couldn't get in enough card games the whole weekend! She has become quiet the card shark.



The kids opened their jammies and a book before bed. It was fun to see how excited Benson was this year. They both loved their new jammies and looked adorable in them.


Christmas morning was really exciting for us! I loved having my parents here to share all the fun and excitement with my kids. I am not sure if Benson knew what to expect coming down stairs, but as soon as he saw his basketball hoop he took off running! Addy was so happy Santa brought her the hair chair she had been wanting. She couldn't wait to give her dollies their first "hair do" in the chair.

Opening presents always makes me laugh. My kids want to play with whatever they open right then. We had to keep convincing Benny to open more presents. A few treats were given to him to finish the task.


I surprised Christian this year with an Ipad. My mom and I thought we were being so funny by pretending the huge box I was carrying up the stairs to wrap for him was so heavy! We were laughing the whole night and being silly. I filled the box with towels and a few other things with his wrapped gift in the bottom. He seriously thought I was so lame! He wasn't expecting an Ipad but he knew it wasn't something heavy. I loved surprising him! He definitely deserved an extra special present this year.


We enjoyed every minute my parents were here. We had a lot of down time spent at home with them. We all needed the slow paced weekend. My mom and I made lots of yummy food and even got in a little sewing. Of course we went shopping too! Christmas went by super fast, but we sure enjoyed our company this year!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

So I have to laugh every time you post pics of your cute Benson...Cash ALWAYS has the same outfits as him! Ha ha! I guess we have the same taste in boy's clothing:) Cute pics. Your kids are getting big!

Liz Smith said...

i love your layouts so much!! i neeeed to get into this digital scrapbooking thing. someday. i can't believe it's been almost 6 months since christmas! it feels like all of this just happened. crazy. love all the pictures.