1.22.2013

December 2012


We decorated our tree the first weekend in December. I wasn't really looking forward to all the mess this year and had a hard time getting into the decorating. Addy absolutely loved it! I let her be in charge of the tree and she did such a great job. She would show her daddy where she wanted the ornaments that were up high and he would lift her up. Benson liked putting on a few ornaments this year. Of course he still threw the "balls" at the tree and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stay put. He lost interest after about 10 min and we left the rest of the decorating up to Addy. We only got out about a 1/4 of the ornaments but the tree still looked good to me. 




Addy had her first Christmas performance for Singer's Company the next week. It was such a cute show and Addy did great! She had a solo in " Not That Far From Bethlehem" and her lines were the very beginning of the song.  Her little voice is so sweet and I tear up watching her every single time. Her second performance was at a hotel where they had a breakfast with Santa and the girls were the entertainment.  Her solo was the first lines of "When Christmas Comes to Town." She did awesome on that solo as well. She had a fever the night of the final show so we had to miss it. Chris and I really loved the show this season and Addy enjoys singing with the girls. Such a fun singing group and definitely one of her favorite parts of the week!




I was lucky to celebrate my Birthday this year with a few of our close friends. Christian reserved a private room for us at The Sushi House in downtown Naperville. It was such a fun night! The food was delicious and Christian picked up some cupcakes from Sugar Monkey's for dessert. I had a fabulous birthday! Chelsea also threw a girls night for Mary and I the following night. So much fun to catch up with the girls! 





Christmas Eve we had dinner with the Ogden's this year. Trishia cooked yummy food and we just visited and relaxed while the kids played. It was great to spend the evening with friends and also have our own family time. We came home and opened up Christmas jammies, set out food for Santa, read a few stories, and the kids went to bed. Well at least Addy did.


Christmas morning was a lot of fun with the kids. It took forever to get everything unwrapped! They wanted to play with everything they opened right then. Addy's big present this year was a doll house and Benson's was a train set and a scooter.  We skyped our families and played and watched movies the rest of the day. I started not feeling good and slept a lot of the day. That evening we went over to a friends house for dinner. It was a very fun and relaxed evening. The food was delicious and the company was great. My kids loved playing over there and I am not sure they even ate dinner. 




I ended up getting really sick and I had to cancel all my hair appointments and plans for the rest of the year and the following week. The kids and I stayed home and didn't leave the house for a week which was hard but luckily for me they had a lot of new fun things to play with to keep them occupied. 

4 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

I love this post! SO fun to see what you guys did during December! Looks like you made Christmas so special for your cute kids!

Erin said...

Love your christmas photos~ i love the picture of benny laying on his gift! he is too cute!

Liz Smith said...

so fun. good times!

Chelsea said...

Looks like a fabulous Christmas! Your pictures are amazing and I love your cute kids!